BN 02/05 14:32 *RIA CITES RUSSIAN DEFENSE MINISTRY ON KHMEIMIM AIRBASE PATROLOk, what do we know for sure?
*RUSSIA: SU-35 JETS TO BE ON 24/7 PATROL NEAR SYRIA AIRBASE: RIA
2016-02-05 14:31:42.371 GMT
1. The peace talks broke down and Kerry is blaming the Russians for not halting their aerial offensive.
2. Saudi Arabia says that its ready to send troops to Syria in a US led coalition.
3. Russia says that they have indications that Turkey is preparing for a ground incursion into Syria.
4. Days ago Russia sent SU-35's to Syria to augment other fighters already in that country.
5. We just found out that Russian SU-35's will do combat air patrols 24 hours a day over the airbase they're harbored in.
Do the Russians believe that a Turkish incursion is imminent? Are they trying to "shape" the battlefield ahead of an air war? Or is this simply a bluff to get Turkey, Saudi Arabia and the US to back off?
I have no idea.