December 21, 2015
Release # 20151221-01
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Military Strikes Continue Against ISIL Terrorists in Syria and Iraq
SOUTHWEST ASIA- On Dec. 20, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted three strikes using ground-attack and remotely piloted aircraft. In Iraq, coalition military forces conducted 12 strikes coordinated with and in support of the Government of Iraq using attack, fighter, bomber, ground-attack, and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL targets.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release:
• Near Mar’a, two strikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL staging area and an ISIL mortar system.
• Near Ayn Isa, one strike destroyed an ISIL road obstacle and an ISIL improvised explosive device (IED).
• Near Bayji, two strikes struck two separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed an ISIL RPG, an ISIL heavy machine gun, seven ISIL vehicles, two ISIL caches, and an ISIL fighting position.
• Near Mosul, six strikes struck two separate ISIL tactical units, an ISIL weapons storage facility, and an ISIL weapons cache and destroyed two ISIL heavy machine guns, an ISIL mortar tube, three ISIL fighting positions, an ISIL checkpoint, two ISIL vehicles, and suppressed an ISIL light machine gun.
• Near Ramadi, four strikes struck a large ISIL tactical unit and destroyed eight ISIL buildings, eight ISIL fighting positions, an ISIL staging area, an ISIL command and control node, an ISIL tactical vehicle, three ISIL heavy machine guns, and denied ISIL access to terrain.
Additionally, there was an additional strike from Dec. 19 that was not included on the Dec. 20 strike release:
• Near Ar Raqqah, one strike struck five ISIL gas and oil separation points and two ISIL crude oil collection points.